This Paleo take on a simple cookie recipe is perfect to pair with some coconut ice cream (my personal favorite brand is Coconut Bliss) or just to nibble on by themselves. If you want plain shortbread cookies, simply omit the blueberries from this recipe and it will turn out just fine.
Blueberry Shortbread Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes Total time: 18 minutes
Yield: 16 cookies
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
1/4 cup local honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
2. Combine all dry ingredients (except blueberries) in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate mixing bowl, until everything is evenly distributed.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, and whisk together until it is no longer clumpy.
5. Fold in blueberries and make sure they’re evenly distributed. It’s okay if a few burst, that will just spread their flavor around more.
6. Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet, and bake for 8 minutes, or until the edges are brown.