This was one of those Sunday morning creations where I woke up wanting multiple things for breakfast, and magic was the result. It was so simple and delicious that I had to share!
Savory Pears with Bacon & Eggs
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1 lb grass-fed, pastured bacon
2 pears, type of choice (I used Asian pears), diced
2-3 tbsp local honey
1/2 tsp allspice
12 pastured eggs
1. Cut bacon in half down the middle of the package, doubling the number of pieces. Cook on medium heat in a large pan over stove to the wellness of your liking.
2. While bacon is cooking, dice the pears.
3. When bacon is just about done, add pear diced to the pan and mix thoroughly. Add honey and allspice and continue mixing for about a minute – the pears will become soft very quickly.
4. Remove bacon and pears, and set aside. In the same pan, cook eggs in the style you wish in the bacon grease and leftover honey. I made over-easy eggs, and when this was added to the bacon and pear mixture, the soft yolk was the perfect last touch!
5. Once eggs are done, divide bacon and pears evenly and top each serving with 2 eggs each. Serve and savor!