This is a meat-rich, sweet-on-red-meat recipe that is a great way to shake up your normal dinner or food prep. It goes perfectly with my Balsamic Blackberry Sauce on top, too!
Venison Thigh and Caramelized Veggies
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
1 lb venison thigh, cubed
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
2 tbsp clarified butter
3 tbsp local honey
4 tbsp barbecue sauce
1 yield Balsamic Blackberry Sauce
Black pepper, to taste
1. Melt butter on a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
2. Add cubed venison to the onions and cook until brown.
3. Pour honey over the meat and onions. This will make the onions “caramelize,” rendering that sweet and tangy flavor.
4. Incorporate mushrooms and barbecue sauce after honey is well-combined. Mix thoroughly and allow to cook until mushrooms are as soft as you want them. This will not take very long.
5. Add any desired black pepper to taste and serve. This is great over a bed of greens, like some fresh organic spinach!