It’s no secret that I’m a chocolate lover. Here is a super easy icing recipe to finish off anything you desire! It’s a great partner to my Vanilla Cake recipe… hint hint.
Dark Chocolate Icing
Prep time: 10 minutes Cool time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp palm shortening
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. If you can’t find plain canned coconut cream, this recipe may take two cans of regular coconut milk. If using the latter option, separate the cream from the top of the coconut milk. It is usually already sitting on top of the can.
2. Whisk together coconut cream and 1/2 cup of coconut sugar in a mixing bowl. Once well-combined, add coconut milk (this will be pretty watery if you took the cream out of the same can) and other 1/2 cup of coconut sugar. Continue whisking until integrated again.
3. Incorporate salt and cacao powder. Mix thoroughly again.
4. Add palm shortening last, whisking in 1 tbsp at a time. It will take a minute or two to break up the chunks.
5. Place in the fridge and let set for 20 minutes before frosting. It will still be thinner than a traditional icing, but this just makes it easier to pour on top of your dessert. Throw it on top of whatever you want and place back in the fridge for an additional 20-30 minutes for it to soak into your baked good and solidify even more.