As per request by Scott Belzer from Bay Area Barbell, I’ve just created Paleo Snickerdoodles. Oh darn, more cookies that I can actually eat.
But really, these things are great. I’m glad I got the chance to play in the kitchen and make these babies!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
Ingredients for Dough
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
1-2 tsp cream of tartar, based on taste preference (more cream of tartar will make them, well, tart-er)
1 cup salted grass-fed butter, at room temperature (clarify it if you’re casein sensitive, use unsalted in this case)
1 tsp vanilla
Ingredients for Coating
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix together coconut and arrowroot flours, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda for the dough in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat coconut sugar for the dough with the butter and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add in eggs and continue to beat until a smooth mixture is formed, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Combine wet butter mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Beat until a smooth dough forms.
4. Mix together the coating ingredients in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each one around in the sugar/cinnamon coating. Flatten the balls a little between your palms once they’re coated, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are brown and the center is as chewy (or not) as you want it. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the cookie sheet, then enjoy!