I wanted to make a fruity cookie recipe, and of course since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I wanted to use some pink or red. But strawberries just seem to get all of the attention. So, I created a cookie similar to white chocolate macadamia recipes but threw in the under-appreciated raspberries! This is truly a unique flavor and I’m sure you’ll love it.
Raspberry Macadamia Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 36 cookies
3/4 cup Cassava flour (I use Otto’s Naturals)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond meal
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup butter (clarify it if extremely casein sensitive)
1/4 cup local honey
1 pastured egg
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped or whole (depending on preference)
6oz fresh organic raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Soften the butter, either on the stove or in the microwave, then beat in a large bowl with coconut sugar until the two are a smooth mixture.
2. Fold in cassava flour and almond meal, beating the mixture more to make sure it stays smooth and even.
3. Add the egg and once that is broken and beaten into the mixture, fold in coconut flour, honey, almond extract, vanilla powder, sea salt, and baking soda. Beat the entire mixture for 2 more minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is even.
4. Add raspberries and crush them with your mixer (or whisk) and allow the juices to integrate with the rest of the batter. This will leave some pink flecks in it and add the berry flavor very nicely.
5. Fold in macadamia nuts. Dollop batter in 1-1.5″ blobs onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly brown on the edges. Remove from the oven when done and allow to cool before removing them from the cookie sheet.