You’ll never guess the secret ingredient in this!
Chili Lime Salmon
Prep time: 2 minutes Cook time: Varies (about 10 minutes) Total time: 12-ish minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
1 lb fresh wild-caught salmon
1/4 cup bacon grease (told you you wouldn’t guess!)
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 – 1 tsp chili powder
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix together lime juice and bacon grease.
2. Pour grease mixture over the salmon filet, using a brush to smooth it out evenly.
3. Sprinkle chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt evenly on top of the grease.
4. Add salmon to a greased baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
5. When fish is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and enjoy! PS – This is a great recipe to top with my Pineapple Pico de Gallo.