No, of course I didn’t use actual rice. You should know me better by now!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
1 head cauliflower (I used golden to change it up), cut into florets
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
4 green onions, chopped
2 links sausage of choice, sliced
1/4-1/3 cup bone broth
3 tbsp clarified butter
1 tsp crushed red pepper
Each of the following spices, to taste: paprika, cayenne pepper, creole seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt.
1. Prep veggies as indicated on ingredients list.
2. Place cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse until a rice-like consistency has been made.
3. Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a large, deep pan on the stove. Add cauliflower “rice,” spices, and bone broth to the melted butter and mix well. When adding bone broth, pour slowly and make sure not to over-saturate the rice. You want a little liquid, but not so much that it won’t mostly steam off by the time the rice is done. For more information and a basic cauliflower rice recipe, click here.
4. Place a top over the rice once it has bee mixed with the bone broth and allow it to steam for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Remove the top and cook the remainder of the time with it off.
5. Add in broccoli florets and allow to cook for about 2 more minutes, until soft.
6. Stir in green onions and sausage slices. Swirl in last tablespoon of butter as well. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the spices of all the ingredients to mingle. Remove from the heat and serve once the rice no longer has much liquid from the broth left in it.